Upcoming events for the Swansea Historical Society
2nd Annual Vendor Craft Fair
"Paul Cote leads family members and Meetup group to Abram’s Rock in Swansea"
- On November 4, 2019, starting at Village Park behind the Swansea Town Hall and Library, local historian and Bristol Community College faculty member Paul Cote led a group of 27 to Abram’s Rock, a large conglomerate stone outcropping in the woods.
"Abrams Rock Historical Walk"
- On Sunday, October 29th, 2017 Professor of History Paul Cote gave a created and a tour and a brief history of Abrams rock and of the important people of Swansea was given as well as a tour of village park.
"Old Fashion Day at the Martin House Farm"
- On July 9th, 2017 The Martin House Farm held a Old Fashion Day that included tours of the house, pie eating contest, stories, and children crafts. This video focuses on the tour of the Martin House.
"Who, When, Where in King Philip’s War"
- On June 11th, 2017 the Swansea Historical Society along with the 350th committee held a presentation with author Edward Lodi. Edward Lordi's discussed about his new book entitled "Who, When, Where in King Philips War".
"From Stagecoaches to Swansea"
- On May 21st, 2017 Historian and Librarian Kevin Lawton lead a historical walk along Main Street and held a short lecture after the tour. This video shows the lecture that he held after the walk on Main Street.
"An Evening with Helen Pierce"
- On March 23rd, 2017 Nancy Boardman gave a talk about town historian Helen Pierce and talks about her life and different stories about Helen. This event was sponsored by the Swansea Historical Society.
"17th Century Swansea"
- On March 5th, 2017 The Swansea 350th Celebration had yet another presentation done by local historian Carl Becker who talked about the history of Swansea during the 17th Century.
"Swansea’s Greatest Architect"
- On January 22nd, 2017 William Morgan, Ph.D., Architectural Historian and photographer presented the work of Henry Vaughan, "Swansea's Greatest Architect." The lecture took place at Christ Church on 57 Main Street.
"Historical Walk at Village Park"
- On October 30th, 2016, in celebration of Swansea’s 350th birthday, a historical walk at the Swansea Village park was organized and a tour of the facilities was conducted by Professor of History Paul Cote. A brief history of Abrams Rock and of the important people of Swansea was given as well as a tour of Village Park.