Swansea Historical Society

Schoolhouse #7 Flag Pole

 

Luther Flag Pole
Schoolhouse #7 Flag Pole
Abram's Rock
Schoolhouse #7 Flag Pole

In 1930, the District #7 one room schoolhouse located on Pearse Road in Swansea Center was relocated when construction began on the Joseph G. Luther Elementary School.

The schoolhouse and its c. 1850 flag pole were purchased by Mr. Joseph Borge and relocated to Old Warren Road where the schoolhouse was turned into a single family residence which still stands today.

July 1989, Ruth Soroka, the daughter of Joseph Borge, donated this flag pole to the Luther Store Museum. The flag pole is still there today.