Swansea Historical Society

The Stevens Mansion

 

The Stevens Mansion

Address: 24 Main Street
Built: c. 1855
Architect: Julia A. B. Birch
Present Use: Frank S. Stevens Home for Boys
District: 1, Swansea Historical Village District
Style: Hudson River Bracketed Architecture
Exterior wall fabric: Clapboard
Outbuildings: Stable, Bowling Alley
Other features: Stable & Carriage House
Altered: Small Addition, 1873
Original use: Residence
Information recorded for the Swansea Historical Society in 1978 as part of the Virginia Frost collection

The Stevens Mansion