Swansea Historical Society

The Barney House

 

The Barney House

Address: 166 Old Providence Road
Built: c. 1749
Architect: unknown
Present Use: Residence
District: Barneyville Historic District
Style: Many periods
Exterior wall fabric: Clapboard with brick ell
Outbuildings: Modern garage
Other features: Quoins on corners od main house, ornate front door with glass sidelights
Altered: probably
Historical Significance & other details: see below
Information recorded for the Swansea Historical Society in 1982 by Helen Pierce & Virginia Frost

The Barney House
The Barney House