Swansea Historical Society

The Arnold House

 

The Arnold House

Address: 23 Elm Street
Built: 1807
Architect: Philip Slade
Present Use: Residence
District: 1, Swansea Historical Village District
Style: (originally) Half Cape Cellar House
Exterior wall fabric: Shingles
Outbuildings: None
Other features: Ell is a 1835 school house moved here in 1900
Altered: North side added early
Lot size: over 1 acre
Approximate frontage: 115 feet
Approximate distance of building from street: 20 feet
Information recorded by Helen Pierce for the Swansea Historical Society, August 3, 1978

The Arnold House
The Arnold House